Wednesday 17 August 2011

New Beginnings

I'm starting afresh in so many areas, that I've committed to blogging in order to keep track of it all. Its just so much faster than hand written journals isnt it?

I never imagined 3 years ago when I sat in this chair that I would return to said chair after having lived in the UK for 3 years, having met and married my perfect match and having had my most intense maturity growth spurt to date.

I would not have guessed that I would have gained experience in redecorating, selling a home, immigrating with a spouse, learning to drive on the other side of the road and so on. I have learned to plan weddings, create (though the "stick to" bit still eludes me) a budget, train a dog, cook decent meals, effectively peel (many) layers of wallpaper, run through bogs and mud.  I have worked in great places and fairly crappy places, knowing that the most important thing is just to work. I have had my fair share of trips to the airport's departures and arrivals terminal, faced countless painful goodbyes and joyful greetings as I am reunited and then separated from family and friends.

I have, in short, become an adult.

And so, this new beginning, which brings me back to my most recent past at this place, feels utterly surreal. A woman sits here today, having become a grown up on the other side of the world, ready to start building her own life with more maturity but certainly no more wisdom than she had when she left.

My greatest joy is that I am not alone. I am physically joined by my husband, my team mate and I am more certain today of my relationship with God than I was the day I left. I am not alone. But that doesn't make it easy. It simply makes it...bearable. And so we begin...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...